π Strictly Star Amy Dowden Shares Emotional Health Update Following Second Mastectomy
Fans of Strictly Come Dancing were deeply moved as professional dancer Amy Dowden shared her latest health update following major surgery, revealing both her resilience and the emotional journey she’s been through. Colleagues and friends were reportedly left in tears after learning the extent of her experience.
Amy Steps Away from Strictly to Focus on Recovery
In November, Amy announced she would be stepping back from the BBC’s hit dance competition to undergo a second mastectomy, after being diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2023. She had received the all-clear earlier this year in February, making this new operation another challenging chapter in her health journey.
Despite the setback, Amy has maintained a positive outlook. Following her surgery, she posted on social media:
“Hubby & Family have been looking after me and the besties have turned up with the goods…nothing is stopping us from watching the traitors…keeping the tradition going.”
Two Weeks Post-Op: Progress and Positivity
Recently, Amy shared a mirror selfie on Instagram, marking two weeks since her surgery. In the photo, she wore a simple white sports bra and checkered pyjama bottoms, showing her drainage tube. In her caption, she reflected on her journey:
“This picture I took the day I came out of the hospital, post-surgery! Tomorrow marks two weeks since my surgery, and I’m feeling proud with how far I’ve come. Focusing on the little things, I’m seeing gradual improvements in my movement and being able to do more each day.”
She continued:
“I’ve been taking it slow, listening to my body, being kind with myself, and celebrating the small wins. But this week I’ve really seen a difference and am feeling so like me again. Please remember to check yourself.”
Sharing More About Recovery
In her Instagram stories, Amy opened up further about her wellbeing:
-
“I’ve had lovely messages asking how I’m doing. I am doing so much better, thank you. Since the weekend, I’ve really started to feel more like me.”
-
“I’ve definitely got my energy back after surgery and the anaesthesia. My movement is coming back — it’s still sore, a bit swollen, but the bruising has gone down. I’m looking forward to progressing with physio.”
-
“It’s been lovely having my twin sister stay with me and being able to get out and about, following medical advice.”
-
“Remember, every patient is different, and you should always follow your doctor’s recommendations. But being able to get out has definitely helped me.”
Outpouring of Love and Support
Amy’s post quickly drew messages of love and encouragement from fans and fellow celebrities. BBC Radio presenter Zoe Ball wrote:
“Heal well, brave one.”
Her fellow Strictly stars Karen Hauer and Dianne Buswell flooded the comments with heart emojis, while Coronation Street star Samia Longchambon added:
“Sending lots of love, Amy.”
Amy Dowden’s story is a powerful reminder of courage, resilience, and the importance of support during life’s most challenging moments. Her transparency and positivity continue to inspire fans across the world.
π Read the full story and see how Amy is embracing recovery with strength and hope — a journey that touches the heart of every Strictly fan.

Comments
Post a Comment